Midlands Cyber is a Government backed initiative, supported by the Midlands Engine and Department of International Trade, showcasing the region for its pedigree in Cyber Security.
Established in 2015, Midlands Cyber has made big strides regionally, nationally and internationally.
The UK has the largest, most concentrated and accessible cyber-security market in Europe. The Midlands, with its manufacturing focus and proximity to the government’s security HQ, has recently seen rapid growth in its cyber sector and development of digital data breach expertise. At the frontline of the Government’s cyber security strategy (Tech Nation UK), Worcestershire & Malvern contain the UK’s leading regional cluster for the sector. Home to the National Cyber Skills Centre, and working alongside GCHQ and the National Cyber Security Centre in London, the regions expertise has put it at the forefront of the UK’s tech security industry. Cybersecurity is now a leading catalyst of growth across the Midlands. The small to medium-sized businesses currently operating in the market are expected to continue to scale up as the global sector growth unlocks over $1 trillion of spending power by 2021.
Building on activity over the past three years, Midlands Cyber has a big vision for the future of cyber in the region. If you are a Cyber focused business or organisation that would love to know more about what we are up to throughout the year, or would love to be involved in our activity, please drop us a line and introduce yourselves to our team.
- January 2019: Central Europe Event (Cyber): VIENNA. Midlands Cyber will present and exhibit at the 5th annual showcase in Vienna
- January 2019: CyberTech Tel Aviv. Midlands Cyber will attend and Exhibit at CyberTech Tel Aviv 2019.
- January 2018: Scoping mission to Cyber Tech: Tel Aviv, Exploratory trip to build relationships with Israeli technology and Cyber
- June 2018: Infosecurity 2018, Maryland and Midlands Cyber exhibit at InfoSecurity Europe with delegates from both regions
- June 2018: MOU Anniversary Dinner cruise along the River Thames.
- November 2018: Midlands Cyber host a French Delegation in Malvern
- November 2018: Future of Cyber in the Midlands Event
- June 2017: Joint Exhibition with Midlands Cyber and Maryland
- June 2017: A New Horizon, Midlands Cyber hosts the US delegation in the Midlands including a Dinner and Investment event held at QinetiQ
- July 2017: MOU Signing, Harry Logan alongside UK representatives, attended the UK houses of parliament to sign the MOU between the Midlands and Maryland
- October 2017: Midland Cyber lead a delegation of Midlands based businesses to exhibit at Cyber Maryland, Baltimore
- October 2016: Cyber Maryland, The first Midlands based delegation arrives in Maryland